What to Pack
With so many little things to think about and plan out for your wedding we wanted to share a little “insiders” information with you. After chatting with Lisa (the movement behind and namesake of Lisa Marshall Photography) – a regular at Up the Creek – we came up with a fool proof list of what to pack for the Bridal Suite. These are the little things that will bring the details of your day to life.
- 2 complete invitation suites (including a save the date): This will allow your photographer to shoot front and back of the invitation at the same time to capture all of the beautiful script and details you diligently crafted! This is the first glimpse of the wedding that your guests see so why not let it have a little time behind the lens.
*Depending on time your photographer may ask to take these with them so they can shoot them at their studio.
- Nice hanger for the wedding dress: Not that we don’t love the plastic hangers that dresses come through our doors on…ok we are lying, yes they serve a purpose for transporting but that is where the appreciation for them ends! The “photo” hanger does not need to be anything extravagant just something that is not the plastic hanger the dress came on! We love the look of antique brass hangers or wooden hangers – just make sure it has divots on the arms so your dress can hang comfortably!
- Trimmings from the dress: Chances are the dress needed some alterations along the way. Ask your seamstress to save any of the trimmings from the dress and keep them in the dress bag. They can be used to style with the invitations or rings – a nice little touch that is often overlooked.
- Greens & florals: Ask your florist to set aside a few loose greens and flowers when they deliver your bouquet. These pair perfectly with the trimmings of the dress to help enhance and style the detail shots.
- Personalized tidbits: Think coozies, matchboxes, programs, guest favors. These are little things that tell more of the story of the day and are helpful to have all in the same place!
- Jewelry: Any thing that sparkles or has sentimental value – earrings, necklaces, bracelets, WEDDING BANDS!!, engagement ring, cufflinks, watches – all of it!
- Perfume & lipstick: If you have a signature scent or lipstick pack that as well – not only will you smell amazing but it will enhance the story!
- Garters: If you decide to go this route they will more than likely come in a set of two – one to toss and one to keep.
- Shoes: If you are planning to switch shoes from the ceremony to reception make sure to have them both in the bridal suite.
*Hint: Pack all of the small items (jewelry, invitations, garters, perfume, trimmings) in the shoebox. It keeps all those important details in one place and easy to find!
– Thank you to Lisa Marshall for the beautiful detail photographs and packing help! –
- “Elegance is not catching somebody’...
- Are you looking to add a personal touch to your...
- Every great place has a signature drink. You wo...
- ☀ ☀ ☀ Need a dose of love, sunshine, happines...
- When you book a wedding here at Up the Creek Fa...
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015